You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘kids food’ tag.
This recipe is great because it uses store cupboard ingredients and my children love tuna! I’m planning to try substituting tinned salmon for the tuna too.
Serves 4 (still to be tested though)!
1 cup rice
2 tbsp plain flour
1.5 cups milk
medium tin of tuna in springwater
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
small tin of creamed corn
pinch black pepper
pinch cayenne pepper
1. Boil the rice in a large pot of water.
2. Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour to butter and stir for 2 mins, being careful not to burn.
3. Gradually add the milk. Stir white sauce until the mixture starts to thicken. Add the grated cheese.
4. Add the drained tuna. Add the creamed corn.
5. Season to taste with peppers.
6. Add frozen veggies to almost cooked rice. Cook for a few minutes until done and rinse rice and veggies under cold water.
7. Pour rice and veggies into casserole dish.
8. Pour tuna mix over rice and veggies. Sprinkle with grated cheese and grill if desired to lightly brown.